SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY TERMS & CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions for the sale of Goods from the SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY Website www.suffolklatchcompany.co.uk
SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY is an English company, whose registered office is at Unit B Bridewell Works, Clare, Suffolk, CO10 8QD
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website.
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us via email at email@example.com or telephone 01787 277277.
‘T's & C’s’ means these terms and conditions.
‘Product’ means a product displayed for sale on the Website.
‘Website’ means the website located at www.suffolklatchcompany.co.uk
‘Customer’ means you, or the person placing an order.
‘Order’ means the Customer’s order for Goods from the Website.
‘Goods’ means the Product/s in the Order placed by the Customer.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these T’s & C’s and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these T’s & C’s.
You warrant that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a Customer is true, accurate and complete, and that you will notify us of any changes.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, arising out of any breach of the T’s & C’s by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your account or personal information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website.
- change the T’s & C’s without notice to you, and your continued use of the Website or any part of it following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the T’s & C’s have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the T’s & C’s, then you must immediately stop using the Website.
PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS
We take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Products shown on the Website include photographic images, descriptions, measurements and technical PDF & DWG drawings. These descriptions and measurements are as accurate as possible and we endeavour to update these details as and when there are any changes from our suppliers. Prices are shown in pounds sterling and include VAT, at the prevailing rate. Colours are reproduced as accurately as electronic processes allow. Please note there may be slight variations in colour between Products, especially with the natural rosewood Products. This is a normal variation when dealing with natural wood.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details regarding Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product descriptions appearing on the Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
STONEBRIDGE IRONMONGERY PRODUCTSSUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY is a registered seller for Stonebridge Ironmongery products. The Stonebridge Ironmongery products have a 5 year guarantee. The details of this guarantee are as follows:
SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY will replace free of charge, or provide a full refund, if any Stonebridge Ironmongery product proves to be defective due to mechanical issues within 5 years of delivery.
STONEBRIDGE IRONMONGERY 5 YEAR GUARANTEE
Claims must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and include photographs or a video showing the defect and, if instructed, the goods must be returned to SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY for inspection.
This guarantee is voided in the following events:
- Written or oral instructions on storage, installation, use and maintenance were not followed.
- The goods are altered or repaired without written consent from SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY.
- The defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence or abnormal storage/working conditions.
- The supplied fixings have not been used during installation.
- Normal wear to the exterior finish is excluded from this guarantee.
- The guarantee does not extend to any damage reported at the fixing holes which could be caused by fitting.
- Each case will be assessed, and replacement agreed at our discretion.
ORDER PROCESSWhen your order is placed, a contract between you and SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY is created. The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your Products on the Website by completing the checkout process. You will be guided through the process by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We will send you an order confirmation e-mail detailing the Products you have ordered.
- When your order is despatched, we will send you a despatch confirmation e-mail.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place only upon despatch of the Products.
ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDERWe do not have to accept your order and reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order once it has been placed. This may be done, for example, if:
- your payment is not authorised or has been marked as fraudulent, or potentially fraudulent, by the payment system;
- payment has been made using a card not issued in a country we dispatch to, or not where the billing address is;
- there is an error on the website regarding the price or description of a product;
- the items ordered are no longer in stock or in production;
- we have tried contacting you about your order and have not heard back within a reasonable period of time; or
- if the items you have ordered are unavailable for any other reason, you will be notified as soon as possible and either offered a refund or an alternative Product, if that is deemed suitable.
By placing an order with us you are confirming that any information you have given is true and accurate and that you are authorised to use the card on which payment was made.
FORCE MAJEUREWe are not liable for any breach of agreement, for delay or failure to perform if the delay or failure is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, floods, drought, fire, legislation or other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
We hope you'll be pleased with your purchase. Should you wish to return anything bought from us, we'll be happy to refund or exchange a product provided it's returned in its original packaging and in fully resaleable condition. Returns should be made within a reasonable time (which shall be no later than 60 days). Please check your order thoroughly upon receipt as any issues can only be resolved if reported to us within the 60 day return period.
If a product returned is not in fully resaleable condition, or is damaged in any way, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item, or to deduct an amount from the original selling price which we believe in our reasonable opinion amounts to the level of damage caused. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Refunds can only be made to the original card of purchase. Refunds to a card other than the original can only be processed under the following circumstances:
- the original account no longer exists.
- the original account details have expired.
RETURNS & DELIVERY CHARGES
If you wish to return any Goods, you will be liable for the cost of return delivery. We will, however, refund any delivery charge you've paid when a product is found to have been damaged, faulty or incorrect due to our fault, but not otherwise. Where necessary we will send you a pre-paid postage label for you to print out and attach to the returning order.
CANCELLING ORDERSProviding an Order has not been despatched you can contact us to cancel via email email@example.com or by telephone during office hours 01787 277277. As we endeavour to despatch orders that are placed up to 1pm Monday-Friday on the same day, it may not always be possible to cancel an order. In this instance, you can return an item for a full refund providing the item is returned in resalable condition in its original packaging.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTYYou acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
You are granted a licence to download, store, view, edit, use, reproduce, copy, print, any material contained in this website for your own personal and/or business purposes.
You are not permitted to:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website, except to promote our Website or Products through your social media channels, such as Facebook, Instagram Youtube and Twitter);
- sell, rent, license, sublicense, lease, distribute, copy, duplicate, publish or reproduce material from the website and any material or any part thereof for use by any third party;
- exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- use any material in any way that is unlawful or in breach of any person's legal rights under any applicable law.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWSThe Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY is not responsible for damages relating to natural fading or discolouration, oxidation, humidity, prolonged exposure to sunlight or salt air or other unsuitable environmental conditions. Steel, iron, brass, and other natural materials vary in tone, colour, character and texture: variations are inherent in such materials and finishes and should be expected.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to its accuracy.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
We will not be liable in contract, tort, pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation) or otherwise in connection with the Conditions for any economic loss, any loss of goodwill or reputation, or any special or indirect losses arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we accept no responsibility for any costs incurred in paying contractors or other third parties.
Under no circumstances can we be held liable for any direct, indirect or consequential costs, charges or expenses arising directly or indirectly as a result of late, damaged or incorrect delivery of goods. This includes, but is not limited to, builder or any other contractor fees. You should not book a builder or carpenter on the basis of an expected delivery date and we would strongly advise you to only book your tradesman when you have the Products in your possession and have checked that they are both suitable and undamaged.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your rights under the DSR.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees.
SEVERANCEIf any part of the Conditions is deemed unlawful, void or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
WAIVERNo waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any provision.
SURVIVALEach provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
ENTIRE AGREEMENTThese Conditions comprise the entire agreement between you and us in relation to our contractual obligations. You confirm that, in agreeing to these Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save to the extent that it has expressly been made a term of these Conditions.
LAWThe Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England in relation to any dispute arising out of these Conditions, your use of the Website or your purchase of any Products.
CONTACTOur contact address of SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY Ltd is:
Unit B Bridewell Works
We may collect the following information for the purposes of completing your order:
- Your name.
- Your contact information including your home/billing address.
- Your email address.
- Your telephone number.
- Your credit/debit card details should you choose to make a purchase from us.
We do not retain your credit/debit card details and should you make an additional purchase you will need to enter your credit/debit card details for each additional order placed
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the information given by you at the time of placing your order is used:
- To administer your account and help process your order.
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To contact you via email (if you have agreed to email marketing) regarding SUFFOLK LATCH COMPANY products or offers.
We will only contact you by telephone if you have requested this or if there is a query regarding your order.
If you have any concerns regarding any details we may hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless it's necessary for operational reasons (for instance for the delivery of an order via a third party, or to provide your email to ask for a review) we will not disclose your details to any third parties. We will never disclose your payment details to third parties. We do not sell, rent or exchange customer details for marketing purposes.
By creating an account on our Website, you have the option to choose to consent to the information you provide being processed for any of the above purposes. You can unsubscribe or delete your account details at any time. Please call us on 01787 277277 or e-mail email@example.com if you have any queries regarding your account and email marketing.
- To ensure that your shopping basket and orders work correctly.
- To collect site visitation statistics, which allows us to analyse the number of visitors to the Website and to see how visitors move around the Website.
When you place your order, you will notice that pages which collect your payment data begin with the address https://suffolklatchcompany.co.uk. The secure server software encrypts all information, including credit card numbers, passed between your browser and the server.
We comply with applicable Data Protection legislation to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
We are registered with Yotpo reviews and abide by its terms and conditions.
To check the security of our Website, simply look in your browser window (often the lower bar) when you fill in your payment details. You will see an unbroken key or closed lock symbol, showing that encryption is active, and your information is secure. For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email but use the secure facility provided on this Website.