Double Phosphor Washered Butt Hinges for internal and external doors in 3 and 4 inch sizes. These washered butt hinges match our range of Brass Front Door Furniture and Rose Door Handles. Made from solid brass, the hinges are available in the distinct finishes of aged brass, matt bronze, polished chrome, satin brass and satin nickel.
Front Door hinges need to be hardwearing and suitable for exposure to the elements. Internal hinges need to be durable and have long-lasting operation. These double washered hinges have phosphor bronze washers which are corrosion resistant and offer smooth movement to lessen wearing.
Please note: The double phosphor washered butt hinges are sold as pairs and available in 4 inch and 3 inch sizes. 4 inches is the ideal size for an external or heavy door, while the 3 inch is most commonly used for standard sized internal doors. For doors weighing 21-30 Kilos we recommend using x3 hinges per door.
Maintenance Tip: These hinges require minimal maintenance, although it is wise to regularly remove dirt and any water marks with a soft cloth. Do not use metal cleaners or aerosol sprays as these will damage the lacquer.
For more details and dimensions of the brass butt hinges, please see the PDF drawing in the Dimensions tab.
- Material: Solid Brass.
- Finish: Aged Brass, Polished Chrome, Matt Bronze, Satin Brass & Satin Nickel.
- Style: Double Phosphor Washered Butt Hinges.
- Size: Choice of 3 & 4 inch hinges.
- 4 inch hinges have a 3.5mm leaf thickness.
- 3 inch hinges have a 3mm leaf thickness.
- Sold as a pair of butt hinges with matching woodscrews.
- Not suitable for fire doors.