Ornate iron rim lock & knob sets offer real period character for your home. Complete with two antique style brass keys, this really is a statement piece. The surface mounted lock has an authentic period design and is ideal for vintage inspired interiors and restoration projects. Crafted from solid cast iron and polished brass, the lock has a beautiful antiqued finish.
Rim locks are the oldest type of door lock and are designed to be fitted onto the surface of a door, rather than being morticed into the edge. With a lock and a latch, they are designed for privacy rather than high security. If you need a lock with unique keys, please see our range of morticed sash locks.
These ornate iron rim locks are available as a rim lock only, or as a rim lock door knob set. The rim lock sets come complete with a pair of door knobs and a matching escutcheon. Choose from a selection of matching brass or wooden door knob designs.
Please note: our rim locks are not advised for external doors, which need a security lock.
For measurements of the ornate brass rim lock please see the PDF drawing in the Dimensions tab.
- Material: Cast Iron & Solid Brass.
- Finish: Antique Iron & Polished Brass.
- Style: Ornate Rim Lock.
- Supplied with matching iron & brass keeper, x2 brass keys & fixing screws.
- Sets include a pair of door knobs & matching escutcheon.
- Reversible use for left and right handed doors.
- Door knob sets are available in a choice of matching brass and wooden door knob designs.