Georgian door knobs are an early style of beehive knob, and first appeared in the 18th century. These unsprung wooden door knobs are made from solid rosewood which has been turned and polished to a high standard. The ebonised knobs are finished with a black lacquer. Georgian door handles are ideal for panelled, Georgian style doors.
The Latch & Bathroom Sets include Fire Rated CE 1211 Heavy Duty Latches & Bathroom Deadbolts in 3 & 4 inch latch/deadbolt sizes. We advise the 4 inch size where possible, to allow for the door knob to be set further away from the edge of the door, to prevent rapping knuckles on the door surround. Bathroom sets also incude a matching oval antique brass Turn & Release.
Please note: as with all natural products, there may be a slight variation in the tonal colour compared to the examples shown of the georgian cupboard knobs.
For measurements of the Georgian Door Knob, please see the PDF drawing in Dimensions.
Fitting Tips: To avoid common fitting errors, please refer to our essential tips video guide & instructions. The door knob fitting guide will also be emailed to you following purchase.
- Material: Solid Rosewood & Brass.
- Finish: Rosewood, Ebonised & Antique Brass.
- Style: Georgian.
- Sold as a pair with mortice bar & matching wood screws
- Antique brass rose plate.
- These knobs can be used with rim locks but please be aware of the brass shoulder, which will be visible on the rim lock side.
- Not suitable for external use.