Georgian door knobs are an early style of beehive knob, first appearing in the 18th century. These unsprung wooden door knobs are made from solid rosewood which has been turned and polished to a high standard to bring out the beauty of the wood. The ebonised knobs are finished with a beautiful black lacquer. Georgian door handles are ideal for panelled, period style doors. Complete the look with matching Wooden Finger Plates.
Please note: as with all natural products, there may be a slight variation in the tonal colour compared to the rosewood examples shown.
The door knobs have a solid brass rose plate which is available in a choice of finishes. The antique brass rose plate offers a traditional look that works well in vintage inspired interiors. For more of a contemporary edge, choose the chrome rose plate knobs.
GEORGIAN DOOR KNOB SETS
- Latch Set: Pair of Georgian knobs with a 3 or 4 inch Fire Rated CE 1121 heavy duty tubular latch.
- Bathroom Set: Pair of Georgian knobs, a 3 or 4 inch Fire Rated CE 1121 heavy duty tubular latch & deadbolt, and matching chrome/antique brass oval turn & release.
ADVICE & FITTING TIPS
We advise the 4 inch latch & deadbolt size where possible, to allow for the door knob to be set further away from the edge of the door, to prevent rapping knuckles on the door surround. To avoid common fitting errors, please refer to our essential tips video guide & instructions. This door knob fitting guide will also be emailed to you following purchase.
For measurements of the Georgian Door Knob, please see the PDF drawing in Dimensions.
- Material: Solid Rosewood & Brass.
- Finish: Rosewood, Ebonised, Antique Brass & Chrome.
- Style: Georgian Door Knobs.
- Sold as a pair with mortice bar & matching wood screws.
- Antique brass or chrome rose plate.
- These knobs can be used with rim locks but please be aware of the brass shoulder, which will be visible on the rim lock side.
- Not suitable for external use.